SONAR Side Scan
The essential for professional underwater imaging
SONAR Side Scan provides you sophisticated digital images of the seabed surface. It is ideal for shallow water surveys up to 30m deep (100ft).
Moreover, it is used in many applications: accurate mapping of large sections of seabed or waterway, identification of pipeline layouts, of seamounts, obstacles and potential dangers, looking for wrecks, mines, aircraft or lost cargoes.
Stay on the cutting edge with SONAR Side Scan
CHIRP technology revolutionizes the underwater imaging world
SONAR Side Scan uses advanced digital acoustic technology CHIRP (Compressed High Intensity Radar Pulse). Unlike other SONARs, it sends long pulses by scanning the seabed over a continuous frequency range (CHIRP transmission at 450 KHz). This allows him to acquire dense information more quickly. Therefore, it can generate sharper images at higher resolution at distances up to 100 m per channel (total coverage of 200 m). Due to the bandwidth of the SONAR signal, close targets can be viewed individually instead of being merged into a larger target. In addition, the CHIRP technique helps eliminate random or out-of-band noise, reducing the risk of acoustic interference and ensuring better accuracy.
Open to a multitude of markets
SONAR Side Scan gives you access to a wide variety of applications:
• Discover wrecks and cargoes
• Marine archeology and professional geological studies
• Monitoring the marine environment
• Identification of submerged evidence at the crime scene
• Search for mines and explosives
• Inspection of coastal structures and dams
• Planning of the seabed facilities
• Dredging operations
• Location of pipelines
Earn quality with a unique hydrodynamic design
The SONAR Side Scan stands out from the crowd with its unique shape, similar to a missile or a torpedo. This hydrodynamic design improves the stability and thus the quality of the images. In addition, this SONAR Side Scan is easily transportable and quick to deploy. It is less than 15 inches long (37.8 cm) and is very light (2 kg in the air and 1 kg in fresh water).
SONAR Side Scan simplifies your bathymetric surveys
Thanks to a “Plug & Play” system, the SONAR side scan connects to the bathymetry and its interface box. A Wifi link provides real-time data from the Side Scan on the bank.
Technical characteristics of SONAR Side Scan
The SONAR Side Scan can be embedded on the SuperBathy.
- Sensor typeSONAR Side Scan
- Dimensions378x110x97 mm
- Weight in the airApprox 2.0kg (4.4lb)
- Weight in fresh waterApprox 1.0kg (2.2lb)
- Evaluation of the depth50m (164ft)
- TransducerDouble-fin type transducer, at an angle of 30 ° to the horizontal
- Acoustique• Vertical Beam: 60 ° nominal width (-3 dB signal level)
• Horizontal Beam: 0.8 ° nominal width (-3 dB signal level)
• Frequency: 450kHz nominal
- RangeFrom 1 m to 100 m (3 to 320 ft) on each channel, for a maximum total coverage of 200 m (640 ft)
- ModeCHIRP Pulse Compression
- Pulse length400µs
- Temperature -5°C to +40°C (23°F à 104°F)
- Construction materials Polyurethane rubber
SuperBathy: bathymetric drone
The SuperBathy is an automatic catamaran drone with a dual technology of aerial or aquatic propulsion. Thanks to a doubled autonomy compared to its predecessor, this drone can be used during 10 hours of mission. Its completely new waterproof [...]
Echosounder Choose your echosounder The echosounder or sounder is ideal for assessing the seabed topography. This electronic device measures the depth and detects the presence of obstacles. Trifunctional echosounder: depth, speed and [...]
Multiparameter probe for water analysis Calculate up to 14 different water quality settings Multiparameter probe for water analysis offers wide range of capabilities and integrates intuitively with aquatic environmental monitoring systems [...]